CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Humanitarian Project

(This is my first official attempt at Digital Scrapbooking so Lisa and Cinda go easy on the criticism.)

My family sure enjoyed our family service project. It was great to have something fun to do and in the end we didn't bring more "stuff" to our house. Great idea Grandma! We sure missed those of you that couldn't be there.



Hmmmmm I just noticed that I didn't add a journaling box on this. That will have to change!

Version 2 - with a little journaling.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

very good job Merilee- I especially like the animals around- goes great with the project we did

Cinda said...

Great job! I thought you have been digital scrapbooking for a long time. This was your first time?

Merilee said...

I bought a book for myself for mother's day last year. I was excited to spend the summer catching up on my scrapbooking. Then I realized that although the book was great, I didn't have any of the five programs it taught how to use. After many frustrated attempts, I quit trying. So I just kept on downloading freebies: papers, elements, kits, etc. In August Travis finally got me Photoshop Elements, but I guess I was afraid to try again. For some reason Saturday I decided to go for it. I now wish I had figured it out sooner. It isn't hard as long as you have the knowledge for your program. Long story short - this is the first time I made a layout that I saved and showed someone. I decided that I need to just do it and learn from my mistakes and my successes. Hopefully I will get better.